1. Contestants must be a resident of Canada, female and between the ages of 0-19 Years.
2. If a 19 year old Contestant competes at a Prelim or Provincial level and turns 20 before or during Nationals, she may fall back and compete as 19.
3. All contestants will compete the age they are on the day of the pageant, with the exception noted above.
4. There will be zero tolerance for drug and alcohol use by contestants.
5. There will be zero tolerance for drug and alcohol use by chaperones, parents, or any audience members attending a pageant (in the pageant venue).
6. There will be zero tolerance for trash talking, belittling other contestants, bullying or any other form of mis-behaviour that deems removal of you from the pageant, or removal of your pageant title.
7. The director reserves the right to remove a contestant or title if she deems necessary. If you feel the director is wrong, you may write a written appeal. Please note that removing a title would be due to an extreme circumstance of rule breaking, and not something we expect to, or want to, have to do.
8. Provincial and National Royalty may compete in other pageant systems, as long as NCG is their first priority. There may be events, etc. that we require your attendance, which should be a first priority over any other pageant system. National royalty may not reign as royalty for any other system while they are reigning for National Canadian Girl. They are able to do day type pageants where they do not become royalty for another system, as long as it does not conflict with duties for NCG.
9. Provincial Queens and Princesses are expected to attend the National Pageant. If for any reason they cannot attend, another girl may take her place. This girl will be given a Provincial level sash to wear at Nationals.
10. Judges decisions are final.
11. No contestant should ever approach a judge before, during or after the pageant. If a contestant or family of the contestant are caught communicating with a judge they will be disqualified with no refund.
12.Although every contestant has a parent or appointed guardian, pageant staff have the right to stop any unacceptable conduct, (i.e. foul language, abusive punishment, activities that could be harmful, contestants smoking/drinking/illegal drugs, excessive gossiping, rude behaviour, distasteful clothing). Any of the above mentioned regulations can be cause for contestant's disqualification. If necessary the contestant(s) and attending guest will be asked to vacate the property.
13. If you have 2 sisters competing in the same age category & you do not wish them to compete against each other, the older sister may move up into the next age category, but no one can move down. Please denote this on your entry form.
14.No smoking in the pageant room, dressing areas or around contestants. Smoking in areas designated by the venue only.
15. Some pageants may have a no photography/video rule, if this is posted, please obey it.
16. Absolutely no fake hair pieces, fake eyelashes or nails (unless anything is medically necessary due to any health issue).
17. Makeup Rules: 0-8 Years- absolutely no makeup. 9-12 years very minimal pink blush, mascara, lip gloss due to stage lighting. 13+ years minimal day makeup (no heavy black liner please). We want to see the natural girl shine through!
18. Due to stage lighting, we do allow LIGHT spray tans at nationals ONLY, but it is not required or judged. Dark spray tanning will lose points!
19. Please make note of wardrobe rules in each category listed in your national and provincial paperwork.